I used to work at Olive Garden and copied this right out of the recipe book. Enjoy!
- 1 lb unsalted butter (4 sticks)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 1 lb parmesan cheese
- 8 fluid ounces white sauce mix (If you can't find this you can use corn starch or flour as a thickener)
- 1 TSP black pepper
- Melt the butter on low setting.
- Add minced garlic when butter is about 50% melted.
- Add milk and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and wait about 5-10 minutes.
- Add parmesan, pepper, and white sauce mix/base.
- Sauce should start to thicken.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before serving over pasta.
Yeild: ~0.8 Gallon
Olive Garden does NOT use cream cheese in their alfredo. So if you see an "Olive Garden" recipe that does, it is fake.