Monday, February 28, 2011

Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto







Ingredients
8 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups Carnaroli or Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, stemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 ½ lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
4 oz butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped tomatoes
Fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced




Procedures
  1. SIMMER chicken broth in a large pot on low heat until needed.
  2. HEAT oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute, then add white wine. Add ½ cup of broth and stir until completely absorbed. Repeat until half of broth has been added. Stir the risotto frequently to prevent sticking.
  3. ADD asparagus and shrimp to the remaining broth and cook for about 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink. Remove asparagus and shrimp from broth and add them to the risotto mixture. Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time until desired creaminess is reached (there may be broth left over).
  4. Once the broth is absorbed, add butter, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and parsley.

14 comments:

  1. that sounds so much better than the cold Chunky soup I am eating now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting meal.
    Would like to see pictures though
    seems food is always more appetizing when you can see it (=
    Thanks for the interesting post though. If you get a chance take a look at my blog Rawbhal's Interwebular Emporium. Perhaps you can find something of use there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMmmm where do you get these recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really great. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. I need:

    minestrone soup recipe

    unlimited breadsticks

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Beer

    I'll post that one next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @William Edmondson

    Those are from Red Lobster :p

    But I can get it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Burger, I'm actually getting into making sandwiches lately. The simplicity of not having to actually cook anything appeals to me, and I feel good about eating something that I made AND is healthy. Would definitely love to see some sandwich recipes, especially ideas on good fillings. I'm getting a bit sick of mayonnaise lol.

    http://freekjensen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for making me so hungry ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Freek

    Well that woudln't really fit with the theme of my blog, but I was thinking of making another blog to post my other non Olive Garden recipes. I will be sure to let you know if/when I do and I'll get some good sandwich ideas on there!

    ReplyDelete